Bitwarden icon dissappears in Firefox, shows after disabling/re-enabling

My BitWarden icon disappears in the Firefox Toolbar.

I must disable and re-enable the extension in order to get it to appear again.

Details:
BitWarden 1.50.0 Firefox extension, allow automatic updates: on.
Firefox 89
MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3
BitWarden app is also installed (but was not running) 1.25.6

1 Like

Hi I have the same issue but this does not fix it. The extension is enabled in standard and private windows and allow automatic updates is on. Firefox version 97.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10. BitWarden version 1.56.6.

Hi @geezer.vh, did you try removing the extension and adding it back to Firefox? Can you verify that it hasn’t been moved to the overflow section?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that, yes I have removed and added the extension and there is no overflow as it is the only icon that I need to appear.

If you click on the hamburger menu in the top right, then ‘more tools’ and then customize toolbar, check to see if the Bitwarden extension shows up as an option?

Apologies for delay - I was away at the weekend. No I don’t see it there, I only see the standard Firefox options

Thanks for checking, you can submit a support ticket with our team here.

Having same problem with Bitwarden on FreeBSD using Firefox 112.0.1
Need to clickety clack at the little “extensions” icon in the toolbar, and select the bitwarden.
Would be more intuitive if it worked the same way as most (all ?) other extension apps.

Agree “Need to clickety clack at the little “extensions” icon in the toolbar, and select the bitwarden.”
But for me I had to then right click and select Add to toolbar

1 Like

Hi, I’m having the same issue on NixOS and Firefox 115.0.2. Adding and removing it does not help.

This fixed it.

“Agree “Need to clickety clack at the little “extensions” icon in the toolbar, and select the bitwarden.”
But for me I had to then right click and select Add to toolbar”