BitWarden Family Org + Another Family Org or Business Org w/ different emergency contact

Hello!

I have a dilemma, which to me appears complex – not really… but I am not sure which way to go and could use another point of view.

I am on the BitWarden Family Plan and use my email: [email protected]. I and a couple of my buddies are working on a few projects and need a password manager. We want to use BitWarden. I understand I can add another organization (Family) or (Business) account under my same login.

Would it be wise to add a new organization under my current account ([email protected]) or create a totally separate organizational account, family, ([email protected]) to use with my buddies?

I do not want to continually login/out of my password managers when working on my projects with my buddies. For my family organizational account another family member is takeover emergency contact.

If I keep the same account ([email protected]) and have two organizations, one being family and a second being friends can I have a different takeover emergency account user for each organization?

Hopefully this make sense. If not, please ask for clarification.

Thanks!

Hi @ASu5eh!

The easiest way to access both Organizations is to use the same account (email) for both as you suggested.

If you do set emergency contacts, they would retain access to any organization of which you are an owner.

Multiple account access is on the roadmap (desktop is coming soon! :sunglasses:)

If you do set emergency contacts, they would retain access to any organization of which you are an owner.

This – is what I was afraid of! However, glad to hear multiple account access is on the roadmap!!!

2 Likes

This is exactly how I have it currently, one personal account and a business account, each with either the personal or business email address.

Currently I have desktop applications signed in on business and personal computers with different browsers/browser profiles to connect to the different accounts and get access to personal & business credentials when needed.

Account switching will be a very welcome feature and fully round out the access between personal/business logins for my use case.

In my opinion it’s best to keep work and personal separate and keep ownership of credentials to where it belongs in a family or business organization.

Another great feature that has recently been added to the SaaS cloud only version is sponsorship of family plan with an enterprise account where if users are a member of a licensed enterprise organization, they can specify another email (typically personal) to gain access to a free family organization.

1 Like

@cksapp : Very good feedback. I too would like to keep accounts separate but worry it may be too cumbersome.

Currently I have desktop applications signed in on business and personal computers with different browsers/browser profiles to connect to the different accounts and get access to personal & business credentials when needed.

Have you considered creating collections and sharing them as an alternative to using two separate accounts?