Bitwarden Chrome, Safari & Orion Extensions Keep Logging Out

Hello.

Ok, folks. I fully read the Firefox thread that mirrors this thread about logging out regardless of activating appropriate settings to tell it not to. I see many hacks and bandaids but no fixes from Bitwarden. This is no longer a minor issue. This extension is failing miserably on all the major browsers… and even one minor.

Why is this all the sudden happening? Everything was smooth sailing for the last 18 months for me and all the sudden the extension has become a massive turd. Is it an macOS thing? I don’t think so. The desktop client for Bitwarden on macOS works fine. I’m about to throw my hands up and just use Safari’s new password manager as I’m on the beta for OS 15 because this is driving me insane.

@KelleyChambers Welcome to the forum!

What you’re describing seems related to this issue, for which Bitwarden has promised a fix in the next release.

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it.

Well, that seems to be only Chromium browsers… I see Brave mentioned and Chrome. Nothing about WebKit.

Do we know when that release will be issued? I didn’t see anything about a date in that thread.

You mentioned “all major browsers”, so I assumed that included Chromium. Regardless, it’s not unlikely that the fix will address the issue on other browsers, as well.

According to a recent post on Reddit, the next release is planned for this coming week.