Biometric authentication in clamshell mode

Feature name

I would like to have biometric authentication in the macOS desktop app when the laptop is in closed-display / clamshell mode.

I am not sure if the current lack of this feature is designed intentionally or a limitation of macOS, so my apologies in advance if the Feature Request category is inappropriate.

Feature function

• What will this feature do differently?

Currently, the macOS desktop app supports Touch ID only when the laptop display is active and users have to use the master password to authenticate when in clamshell mode. Since you can unlock the Mac with the Apple Watch, it would be very convenient to offer biometric authentication in clamshell mode so that users can authenticate using the Apple Watch.

• What benefits will this feature bring?

The convenient of unlocking Bitwarden using the Apple Watch instead of typing the master password.

• Remember to add a tag for each client application that will be affected

I can confirm that the above applies to macOS desktop. I assume all desktop clients and browser extension is affected.