Best Way To Share Attachment?

Hi

I just bought premium. I have a word document with a list of sensitive account information that I want to share with my wife.

What is the best way to do this?

What I wanted to do

1. Made Secure Note
  2. Attached word document to secure note
  3. Shared Secure note to my wife by making an organization.

but it told me “this organization cannot use attachments”.

So I am not sure how to do it.

1 Like

Just had the very same problem.

I given up on Bitwarden, it is not for me. I find it did not work very well on my android phone plus never could find out how to do this sharing.

I am trying 1password though I have not gotten around to try attaching files but I like it’s vault system and I think I will be able to attach my document to the vault and whoever has access to that vault will be able to see it.

But have to try it first.

1. Google Drive: Use With Gmail. …
  2. OneDrive: For Outlook and Outlook.com. …
  3. Dropbox: Integrate With Gmail. …
  4. iCloud Mail Drop: Use With Apple Mail. …
  5. WeTransfer: Send Unlimited Large Files Quickly. …
  6. pCloud Transfer: Simple Encrypted File Transfer.
    mybalancenow.com

Same problem here! I made a family account thinking it would solve the issue but I still can’t share Secure Notes with attachments.

Hi @jmamacat! I believe the first person on this thread may have had a different issue than you are experiencing, as a Free Organization does not have the ability to share items with attachments, but a Families Plan does. This table has more detail on the features available to each plan.

Did you recently upgrade to a Families plan? If so, you may need to fully log out of your vault (not just lock) and log back in for the upgrade to take full effect. If that doesn’t help, can you please provide some more details on the error you’re experiencing? We also have an article with more details on Collections that might be helpful.

Thank you for the reply!
I logged all the way out and back in, but I’m still having the same issue.
When I go to “My Vault” and try to send a secure note w/attachment to an organization (not the one I created when I set up the billing plan, but a second one I added) I get an error that says “An error has occurred: this organization cannot use attachments”. However, when I try doing the same to the ‘parent’ organization it does allow me to do so.

Does this mean that I can only move attachments from My Vault to the ‘parent’ organization and not to any other organization? I am also unable to create more than two Collections in that non-primary organization. (“An error has occurred, you have reached the maximum number of Collections allowable for this organization”)

ETA: I was under the impression that with a Families plan I could create unlimited organizations that would each have Family-level benefits (including attachment transfer and >2 collections); can I actually only create one organization like that?

Hi @jmamacat, yes, your understanding is correct. A Families Plan allows you to create one Organization with all of the premium features (including sharing items with attachments) with an unlimited number of Collections within that Organization. Any other Free Organizations that you’ve created will not have those premium features unless they are also upgraded.

Took a long time to figure this out! Thanks for the reply - might be helpful to clarify this in the website support docs too?

Thanks for the feedback - I’ve shared it with our doc team. Please feel free to use the the “Make a Suggestion” button at the bottom of the help pages if you have any particular suggestions for improvement!