I’ve been using BitWarden and, for the most part, I love it. There are a few challenges I’m struggling with. I wanted to make sure my understanding is correct before I move to an alternative password vault solution.
This is our setup and my understanding.
- I have my BitWarden account
- My wife has her BitWarden account
- We have a BitWarden organization that we’re both members of
- I can only access items in my account or the organization
- She can only access items in her account or the organization
- If either of us creates a new item, we have to manually share it to the organization; or, more precisely, transfer the item’s ownership to the organization
- There is no way to set it so that all items created by either of us are automatically owned by the organization
- We can both use just one account but if we have 2FA enabled on it then:
- Only one email can be added for the code to be sent to
- Each of us could have an authenticator app on our phone linked to BitWarden
- Once you make the organization an owner of an item, there is no way to reassign ownership back to an individual account
Cost is not a concerns for me.
I’m trying to find the easiest way to manage this, especially for my wife. She’s not going to remember to always transfer ownership over to the organization. And if we use one account, she doesn’t like my BitWarden password and doesn’t like that she can’t use her email for the 2FA code.
Am I missing something? Are these issues/challenges valid?