✅ Autofill shortcut should open login window when vault is locked

Made an account to request this feature.

An Alternative would be for the Right Click menu “BitWarden” to warn at first instance that the vaultis locked.

Coming soon… :wink:

3 Likes

Feature name

• Enter the name/concept of the feature being requested

Feature function

I use the CMD SHIFT L shortcut to autofill username / password. When I login to Chrome and have been logged out, this shortcut doesn’t work. I suggest that if you are logged out, this shortcut should load the extension and prompt you to enter your master password. This will save a lot of clicks and happens to me daily, so there is high value to this minor fix.

1 Like

@tgreer This should be merged with Autofill shortcut should open login window when vault is locked - #63 by djsmith85

3 Likes

I’d love to have this feature in the Firefox extension as well. Currently, the Safari extension will open a new tab if the autofill shortcut is pressed when the vault is locked.

@xurc It’ll be available with the next updates in a week or so :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply, Trey! That’s wonderful news and I really appreciate Bitwarden team’s hard work. :smile:

3 Likes

I just had the wonderful experience of pressing the auto-fill shortcut and having a log-in tab open to help me fulfill my task. Very happy to see this implemented. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As @simonfriis mentioned, this is now available!!

5 Likes

The one thing that’s driving me a little crazy about Bitwarden is that when the browser extension is locked hitting the shortcut to fill a form just doesn’t do anything. This leads me to hitting the shortcut a couple of times and wondering what’s going on, then finally looking at the toolbar icon and noticing the tiny red dot.

A prompt to unlock when trying to activate the extension would be great.

Yes please. As a big advocate for keyboard shortcuts, this is extremely annoying to have to take my hands off of my keyboard and click an icon, and then click the stored login to fill it on the webpage.

And to edit my comment, there is an existing feature request for this behavior here: Autofill shortcut should open login window when vault is locked

2 Likes

I’m out of votes, but I’d love this feature if it came to Bitwarden.

:heart_eyes:

As @justn mentioned there is another feature request for the same thing. I’m happy to anncounce that it is included in the latest release.

4 Likes