Auto-type/Autofill for logging into other desktop apps

app:desktop

The only reason why I am not a Premium user is the fact that I have to start KeePass daily (just because of the Auto-Type feature in applications).

@kspearrin
Any information if you plan such a feature and when you plan it?

This is a must have.

+1 from me also. I would love to see this feature. It’s the only thing missing for me coming from KeePass.

Add "target window" to Windows application to allow "auto type"

+1 from me as well (coming from Keepass)

I heard so much positive feedbacks on Bitwarden so I gave it a try but no autofill in desktop + no ssh agent support (see Implement ssh-agent Protocol) is such a disappointment.

today i use bitwarden and keepass, if i can do all in bitwarden it will be just amazing :slight_smile:
The desktop version of bitwarden is not necessary for now (its just my opinion), but with keepass functionnality it could be a keepass killer (my opinion too :slight_smile: )

Looking for that feature too, then I will become premium.

+1 for me as well, registered just to upvote this one.

My company wouldn’t even consider corporate usage of bitwarden because this wasn’t a feature

+1 This really impairs my work, not global hotkey shortcut to quickly access passwords when in other apps and terminals!

I’ve been using KeePass2 for many years. It is a KILLER app for Windows. The BEST!

However it is a Windows app only. I know it can run on Mono and the author even write code taylored to Mono. But the result is always a KILLER app for Windows and a so-so app for the Mono platform.

In Android world it is worse. I need to try 3rd-party apps that promises compatibility with kdbx format. I am using Keepass2Android but it is a so-so app (not 100% compatible) and development is at turtle-pace one-man work.

Bitwarden already is BETTER than KP2A, IMO. But it needs to be as good as KeePass2 to on Windows Desktop arena. I live in a Desktop also, not only in a browser. Please, do it! I just discovered Bitwarden and I paid a premium fee as a donation, but I will use KeePass2/KP2A until this feature is done (I hope).

Cheers.

I want you to be usable in Bitwarden as 1Password does not support.

The Bitwarden desktop app is simply a container holding credentials. With autofill capacity to other native apps or browser forms the desktop app would be much better for people who do not, or can not, install the browser extension.