Auto change website passwords

Change passwords in sites automatically with a click of a button

1 Like

Possibility of auto change password, with one click, i enjoy this. Like Dashlane and Lastpass. Maybe necessary the script creation by community.

1 Like

Discussion on HN:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18618193

I got interested in this after reading ctrl blog’s follow-up Bitwarden review. It would be a really useful feature but I believe that it would require too much resources to develop and maintain. LastPass have more resources than Bitwarden and they’re limited to only 80 websites!

That sounds like a horrible idea and would open up for hijacking. The Bitwarden team would have to dedicate resources to register with every service out there and carefully review each of the community submitted scripts.

This handles the password-change-form discovery but doesn’t specify anything that would be useful for automating password changes. The spec is also unclear on a number of things. E.g. what happens if the user is not logged in? Do you show a login form and then redirect to the change form? This behavior is undefined.

1 Like

I could maybe see this being practical for us but rather impossible to account for every site type. Maybe for your top sites (microsoft, fb, google, twitter, amazon, ebay, etc.) and if phpBB, VBulletin, and other popular forum packages offer a uniform code structure to recognize. Other than that I couldn’t see much more capabilities. Even Lastpass’ can only do it for a handful of popular sites.