Assistance migrating parents from iCloud Keychain to Bitwarden

Hello, fello Bitwarden warriers. I have been using Bitwarden for some years now, but my family is firmly entrenched in the Apple ecosystem. This isn’t a problem in itself and I wouldn’t be considering migration if it weren’t for the fact that we do need to share some username/password combinations, some of which are relatively sensitive. I’m therefore seriously considering the pros and cons of moving both parents over to Bitwarden from iCloud Keychain should they agree. Is there anything I should know about the process? Any pitfalls I should be aware of? How do URIs transfer? Both of my parents expect varying degrees of “it should just work,” so any tips to ensure the most seamless and least complex experience possible would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PS: Forgot to mention that Bitwarden will primarily be used on iPhone and Mac.

If users are in the Apple ecosystem only, why would you migrate them? Even though I love Bitwarden I think Apple beats them when it comes to ease of use in their ecosystem. The login and 2FA which seems to be the most tricky part (for my parents at least) just works with Apple.

1 Like