Allow notifications to work on F-Droid version
- What will this feature do differently?
This will allow notifications to work in Android on the F-Droid version
- What benefits will this feature bring?
The “log in with device” feature would be able to function on Android without Google Play Services installed
- Are there any related topics that may help explain the need and function of this feature?
- Are there any references to this feature or function on other platforms that may be helpful?
- The Google Play Store version currently uses FCM for push notifications.
- As a backup to FCM, Signal uses Websockets and disabling battery optimization on Android to push notifications without Google Play Services
- F-Droid helped to create UnifiedPush as “a decentralized, open-source push notification protocol”.