Additional item types (pre-defined)

Voted for this! I had a similar, disappointing, experience when I migrated from 1Password to Bitwarden. All my software licenses and other types of data got imported as nameless blobs and several empty entries. many of them show up as notes with no title at all! :frowning: I’d really like the ability to manage software licenses, WiFi passwords, email account passwords, etc., within Bitwarden.

2 Likes

I recently made the jump to Bitwarden myself. Software licenses and WiFi passwords are the two that I really need.

Yes Please!!! That would be great. LastPass and 1Password have quite a list. For inspiration :wink:

Is there any kind of update on this from de dev team?

I’ve recetly migrated from LastPass and honestly I’m considering switch back to LastPass because of this…

1 Like

Same here, I migrated from LastPass, and even paid for the annual subscription because I was falling in love with BitWarden, but this is a very big feature that’s missing.

Specifically for me, I’d really like to have my bank account information stored securely.

I’m also trying to jump from Lastpass and Enpass. This is a must-have feature to keep the same level of organization we have in these apps.

1 Like

Without the addition of a more realistic Types list i probably will not use this software, which is a shame and would have paid the family subscription.

I currently use 1password and make extensive use of the Categories in it.

thanks

1 Like

Beyond just predefined types, I would be very interested in user-defined types.

I’ve been using my current password manager for many years. Due to little development and increasingly buggy behavior, I’m ready to move to a new application. I read several reviews and decided to give Bitwarden a try based on the positive reviews I read.

I was testing Bitwarden when I hit this “types” wall. Unfortunately, lack of user-defined types makes Bitwarden inadequate for my needs. If I moved to Bitwarden, I would lose most of the organization in my current system.

This thread has been open for over two years. Since this feature still hasn’t been implemented, it doesn’t seem to be a development priority. I’ll have to keep looking at other applications. If user-defined types are implemented at some point in the future, I’ll be eager to give Bitwarden another look.

1 Like

It would be good if secure notes could be categorised in a similar way to LastPass with a basic list of ‘types’ of note and some pre-existing fields within these.

A good example of this is WiFi details…

Alongside this it would be good to separate out the different types of data (logins, secure notes, form fills etc) within bitwarden as currently they all just reside in the vault main list and this is not ideal. Either separate them totally or if wanting to display them on in one list/page then clearly mark separation of types in the list and sort these separately.

1 Like

In LastPass I can select the “Type” of secure notes.
Each Type has pre-defined data fields that I can fill (I do not have to add these fields manually).

So I can add for example:

• custom note (just one huge edit field)
  • software licences
  • email accounts
  • bank accounts
  • servers
  • WIFI passwords
  • (many other types)

t would be fantastic when Bitwarden also has different types of secure notes.
So I can create a secure note of the type “Email Account” and have all required fields there.
But I also can add custom fields (if something is missing).

Here are some screen shots of LastPass.

Select the type of secure note:

Email Account:

Software License:

Bank Account:

9 Likes

Thanks @OLLI_S I dont have LP installed (or an account) any longer so couldnt nab screenshot.

I think this ties into this request: Add more pre-defined item types

3 Likes

I don’t use LastPass so I interpreted this request as adding Markdown support to Secure Notes

I want to use Bitwarden as an universal password manager, that not only manages my website logins but also my WLAN passwords (here I don’t have an URL where I could get the icon from).
So it would be very useful if you add an secure note type “WLAN” that has all custom fields for WLAN entries and also has a WLAN icon.

4 Likes

Here the screenshot how it looks in LastPass when I add a WLAN connection:

Would love to have this in Bitwarden.

4 Likes

Isn’t this a duplicate of Add more pre-defined item types
Or is it the other way around? :slight_smile: (I’m new here, so excuse me if so).

1 Like

You’re correct - I’ve merged topics so we can keep it clear :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In Aug 19 I switched from 1Password to Bitwarden and all my special entries like licences, bank accounts or email accounts were gone. So I decided to ask here for this feature.
Because nothing happened with this feature I decided switching back to 1Password. Actually I imported all of my entries back into 1Password and now I’m able to use these types of information again.
I would love to switch back to Bitwarden but I need to have such custom types of information. :confused:

6 Likes

having too few item types clutters our ‘secure notes’.

1 Like

May I know if there is any plan to work on more templates? It’s one of the most voted features but I still can’t see it on the 2020 roadmap.

1 Like