Add password generator options from the web "add item" view

Feature name

Add password generator options from the web “add item” view

Feature function

• What will this feature do differently?
    Brings parity from the browser addong to the web UI. In the addon, when you click “add item” then generate password, it launches the generator flow. When you click generate in the web UI it generates some generic password.

• What benefits will this feature bring?
    Creating password when you don’t have the browser addon available to you is more cumbersome than it needs to be (requiring you to go to two separate places) when it could be the same flow.

Any chance that this will be implemented? When adding an item that requires more than the default for the built-in PW generator under Add Item, I have to go all the way back out, go to Tools, then to Password Generator, copy the password, go back to Add Item, etc…

Thanks for checking in, I’ll pass the feedback along to the team :+1:

Feature name

• Show password generator options when adding new entry

Feature function

When using the web app, I would like to see the same set of options that is present from in the ‘Tools > Password Generator’ when adding a new entry to the database.
It’s strange that the rules that were last set in the Password Generator also apply to passwords of all newly created entries. As a result, I often find that passwords do not match a provider’s requirements (if there are any) and there is no quick way for me to adjust the set of password generation rules – In such a case one would have to close the ‘New entry’ dialogue, go to the ‘Password Generator’, adjust the rules and go back to the new entry creation.

No comments regarding the feature?

This would be amazing.