Add feature to allow add of URL to secure note

I’m requesting the ability to add a URL field to secure notes. I find that secure note forms best meet my needs for the info I am storing in Bitwarden with the exception of not having a URL field. I can’t be the only one who could use this ability.

Are you familiar with custom fields? They can be used to create a URL field in a secure note. Here’s a tutorial just in case you are not familiar.

Thank you for your reply. I have looked at the tutorial, however, I do not see how this works. I am more of a hardware person than a software person…

When editing a Secure Note look for the link/button that says “New Custom Field” and click it. That will display a new field “Name” and “Value”. In the Name text box you could type “URL” and in the Value text box you could type in https://example.com or whatever URL you are wanting associated with that Secure Note.

The custom vault type feature that is currently being developed will likely provide the functionality that you need.

In the meantime, you can use the work-around suggested by @JeremyCouch (storing the URL in a custom text field), or you can consider storing your secure notes in the “Notes” section of a login item (with a blank username and password) instead of using a Secure Notes item. The advantage of using a Login item to store the URL is that you will be able to use the “Launch” button to open the URL from the Bitwarden app.

Thanks for your quick reply. I have given your suggestion a try. If I click the URL data nothing happens, however, if I click the “copy value” button I can paste it into the browser. Is this how it’s supposed to work?

Thanks for your reply on the project update…

I explained this in my response above. If you store the URL in a custom text field, it is treated as any other text, and cannot be used as a hyperlink.

However, if you start using Login items to hold your secure notes, then you can add a URL to a URI field, which allows you to click the “Launch” button to open the corresponding web page.