Add context menu option to autofill verification codes

Feature name

• Context menu option to autofill verification codes

Feature function

• Reduce clicks, no need to right-click, go through context menus to copy verification code then right-click/ctrl-v pasting into the field.
  • Speed and ease of use

Hey Brenden, thanks for the feature request, if you’re interested in using keyboard shortcuts, you can also do the following:

If a login uses the Bitwarden Authenticator for TOTPs, using the Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + L will automatically copy your TOTP to your clipboard after auto-filling. All you have to do is Cmd/Ctrl + V to paste!

The feature you have requested is already implemented, @zenren - just right-click and select Paste.

Boy, it really took me a minute to figure out what you meant. I had no idea it would overwrite the clipboard with the current TOTP code when you chose to autofill the username and password.

1 Like

This does not work correctly if the website keeps you logged in, but only asks for a verification TOTP code. I have a forum I visit that requires reauthentication every 30 days. I have to manually copy/paste it.

I don’t think we can consider them the same feature: it involves an extra “Paste” operation, and additionally it modifies the clipboard (not always desired). @southerndoc also mentioned another very valid situation in which the option to auto-fill would be better.

Even though it’s a pretty small detail, I find this an important quality-of-life improvement.