✅ Add a reference number under password characters for websites that require 3rd, 7th, 12th character

Hey @Ahmed_Shawky, I can’t help you here, but I recommend you ask for help here: User-to-User Support - Bitwarden Community Forums. Make sure to describe the problem you’re having and exactly what you want help with.

Coming in late, but I’d definitely love a feature like in 1Pwd where you can open a separate window that shows the breakdown of a password/number with character numbers

Accessed from the menu next to the field

Hi Patrick, this exists in the browser extension thanks to a community contribution. After you view an item, and select the password as viewable, the character count option will appear.

2 Likes

@go12 Was this somehow removed? I don’t see it in my extension.

Hey @theonlybit, tapping the eye icon to the right of the password field should toggle the numbered list icon to appear.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

just wanted to let you know the work on the web-vault and desktop client have been completed and will be part of the 2023.01 release.

@mkanavakatini Thank you so much for your contributions, and I’m sure our community is going to appreciate seeing these changes in action :tada: :pray:

It would be great if we could have a ‘large type’ button for the password field in the mobile apps. For when you’ve got your phone and need to type a long password into a work computer for example.

This feature is a great addition, but it is a little clumsy to use. To get the numbered characters you have to:

1. pop up the extension
  2. view the password entry
  3. click password visibility
  4. click character count
    I think this could be simplified in a number of ways. First, the character count icon could be offered at the top level, so you don’t have to first click visibility, eliminating one step.
    A bit more complex, but I think useful, would be the ability to type in the numbers of the required characters, and have just those characters displayed.
    Another problem I’ve encountered is that the popup covers the part of the web page that asks for the characters, and you can’t drag the popup. More than once I’ve got to step 4 above, then forgotten which numbers are being asked for! A drag-able popup would actually solve that problem, but is a somewhat different issue.

I suggest adding a vote (and a comment describing your use-case) to the following feature request:

Just found this. It is great for some uses, but would it be possible to add other fields which could be numbered in the same way? By which I mean numbering each entry in a field.

If you add a custom field of type “password”, then it supports this feature.

1 Like

Thanks for the pointer - done!

1 Like

Since this feature has been implemented, I am closing this topic.

Proposals for how to improve the current implementation of this feature can be made by starting a new Feature Request.