Ability to copy cardholder and expiry date

We can copy and paste card number and card security pin but NOT card expiry date from the browser extension

Please can this be implemented as below (the box with 31 was added by me)

Thanks

1 Like

Hi!

I was looking for a good first issue to tackle and this seems like something that is up my alley.

I can imagine this decision was made due to the fact that Credit Card number and CVC fields both are quite consistent in the fact you can copy and paste to them. Date fields are often a little tricker in my mind. Currently you can see the expiration date by pressing on the left-most view button and then fill in the expiration date by hand.

What do other people think of this, is a copy paste button for the expiration date also desirable? Or is the quick view button already sufficient?

Cheers,
Jip

1 Like

Please add a “copy-to-buffer” button to the owner field, similar to the credit card number field. It’ll make copypasting credit card info much easier

I’m sorry, it will be a lazy feature request but a simple one.

Card autofill sometimes doesn’t work, especially when I use it from mobile app and pasting it into another app. For that copying the “Cardholder name” would be a great feature. Also copying the year and month could be an additional one.

My current workaround is adding a custom field which also stores the cardholder name.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Yes, please. Copy/paste is something I would use frequently.

I’d like to be able to copy the card holder name as well.

However i see this request has failed to generate much traction, am keen to implement this feature myself if anything would be kind enough to give me some pointers.

1 Like

Hey @Wong and welcome to the community,

Thanks for taking the interest in possibly making an attempt to add this feature.

You can check out the below docs for information to help contribute to the Bitwarden software.

It’s the awesome open-source community that really helps make this product so great IMO. I would recommend also reaching out to the team and try to possibly work with them on your PR.
Once you create something the team would add this to their internal review process, QA, etc. for it to possibly be merged.

Hope that info helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Devs and community,

I use the card type a lot for online purchases and it would be a real quality of life improvement for at least the “Cardholder name” field to have a quick copy button similar to the “Number” field.

Hopefully this is one of those things that is relatively easy to implement.

I’ve highlighted the relevant fields below. Tested on both (current) chrome web app and android app.

Thanks!

1 Like

It would be nice to have this feature implemented. I also need it. Thanks!