2022.12.0 Browser Extension UI Changes (feedback thread)

One more suggestion…

In addition to the above, why can’t you also simply add an A-Z menu like you see on mobile devices for example: contacts app on iOS? That way a simple click on that letter brings you to that section, a lot less scrolling. There are competitor apps that do this, so why not you guys? :wink:

2 Likes

The Password Generator interface in 2022.12.1 is still deficient — scrolling is required to set the options (especially for passwords longer than 22 characters). When the password length setting is at 45 characters or more, one can’t even access the length adjustment slider without scrolling.

I really think that the Feature Request below would solve a lot of these woes:

4 Likes

I received the update but cannot tell a difference in 2022.12.1. I’m sure if I pulled up a side by side something changed.

Hey @Gerardv514 the padding was significantly reduced. The team is continuing to collect and review feedback.

1 Like

The newest version is still unusable on Firefox. It takes 7 seconds to load the vault and 7 seconds to switch between tabs. It also hangs while auto-filling items. According to the Bitwarden API, the vault has about 1200 items inside.

Hey @swg0101 I haven’t noticed any issues on my end, but you can contact the official support team at https://bitwarden.com/contact/

Is there any further work being done on this or is it considered final now? There is still too much padding which limits the amount of data that can be seen in the tiny popup window. Will there ever be a way to either revert the density back to the way it was a few months ago, or increase the length of the popup window so that more information can be seen at once?

I agree. Unless there is any movement by Bitwarden to implement a customizable size for the browser extension viewport (as requested by me and by others), an optional compact display mode would be the best solution. I’ve been meaning to post a feature request for such a “compact mode”, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

1 Like