What do I need to do to be able to use my Yubico keys consistently for logging into the website, and for unlocking the Firefox plugin and for the Android app? Is it even possible? I’ve been using an authenticator app till now. Oh, and I mean the Firefox plugin on my laptop; I realise there are issues around security keys and NFC and Firefox on Android.
I added two keys to the Fido22-step settings but left the Authenticator app enabled.
- The website asked for the Yubico keys to validate login.
- The Firefox plugin asked for the Authenticator OTP
- My mobile and my tablet (both Android) don’t ask for anything other than my master password (I realise I may have ticked a box somewhere at some point to get this pass on the android apps but I can’t remember where that was).
Then I disabled the Authenticator option.
- The website asked for my security key.
- The Firefox plugin refused to let me log in.
- The android app on my mobile and tablet still don’t care.
For the moment, I’ve reactivated the Authenticator option. Since I rarely use the website, this makes the security keys mostly useless for Bitwarden at the moment.
Do I need to use the Yubico OTP option rather than the Fido2 option? Does the android app support 2FA at all?
I could mess around with more combinations but I thought I’d ask here before accidentally locking myself out.