Weird URL issue with vault.bitwarden.com?

I am blocked as well, especially when Duo 2FA is on.

1 Like

Your passphrase will never leave your client unencrypted. But I agree with your concern.

Issue resolved, now I can log in.

Hi,

Is this still an active issue. Gone to login this morning and getting the same cloudflare message that everyone else has seen.

Sorry, you have been blocked

You are unable to access web-vault.pages.dev

Tia

Hey @Hayden_Hooper are you still experiencing this issue?

Logging into my bitwarden account on web using chrome using a bookmarked url to my vault as I have always done, I was first met with a WARNING YOU HAVE BEEN BLOCKED FROM DEV VAULT header on the normal vault page.

I then went to the bitwarden home page and used the login button from there. I was logged in as normal, but my entire vault contents were gone. Except the folder tree still had its sidebar structure but nothing was in any of the folders.

I logged out of the web, then logged in on my android phone. Everything seemed normal, contents of folders and data was present, so I went to export and did a download of my data. ( I am not sure of teh contents of the export yet ) It seemed successful.

I then returned and logged in from the home page again on the web and after successful login was met with a blankish page with the following error.

{ “statusCode”: 500, “message”: “Internal server error”, “activityId”: “00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000” }

And now Im not sure what to do. Not sure how to contact support as there wasnt a link on any of the vault pages, found this community through google search signed up and here we are.

Any suggestions help or comments welcome, even if it is just a happened me too and not a solution, just so I know Im not crazy or lost everything for good.

I am going to leave this up, on the off chance someone else has a similar experience. There was no “FIX” it just returned to normal after a period of about an hour outage.

Cant stress this more do regular exports. I hope no one else has to get hit with the panic I just went through.

2 Likes

Hi @Boz and welcome to the community,

Thanks for the posting here.

I am wondering if this may possibly have any similarities or related issues from another user’s recent post where they had some issues related to Cloudflare.

Always a good note on the importance of backups though, much appreciated! :+1:

For the record, Bitwarden did apply a fix at approximately 2 a.m. GMT on Feb. 9 (i.e., slightly before your update post).

Same problem.
{ “statusCode”: 500, “message”: “Internal server error”, “activityId”: “00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000” } on page https://vault.bitwarden.com/#/
or

Sorry, you have been blocked

You are unable to access web-vault.pages.dev

Cloudflare Ray ID: 796a6fbb8ae52848 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

Blockquote For the record, Bitwarden did apply a fix at approximately 2 a.m. GMT on Feb. 9 (i.e., slightly before your update post).

Good to know they were on it, I meant there was no fix I had to apply or find, it was solved, kudos to the relative quick fix, and the community.

3 Likes

I’m still seeing this issue - Cloudflare Ray ID: 796da52b7863eb0a • Performance & security by Cloudflare

I’m getting the block message today. It looks like a Cloudflare block message.

I can get in on my phone but am getting blocked on my computer. Looks like the normal link might be going to the dev environment maybe?

I’m blocked too as of Feb. 9th 8:30am MST. Phone app seems to work though, just a web browser is blocking me.

I’m also blocked :slight_smile:

I’m blocked too. Feb. 9th, 16:30.

Thanks all for your patience the team is working on this one, updates will be shared at Intermittent Access - Web Vault - Status Page - Bitwarden

I was also bocked and it just worked on Feb. 9th 10:38am GMT, after few minutes of panic.

Thanks to the team!

1 Like

I am getting the same “sorry, you have been blocked” in all browsers on my desktop clients. the extension is working in the same browsers. i have not checked my phone yet.

I am in the process of migrating over 1000 passwords from lastpass, and just started using bitwarden less than a week ago. Searching for this makes me think this kind of interruption/outage is common for bitwarden. We are still experimenting with bitwarden, but I have to say this screen is looking like a dealbreaker to me. Does this site not maintain 99.99 uptime?

very hesitant and reluctant to continue trying out bitwarden. We created an account at Nordpass at the same time. I guess I have to focus there… bummer I was really wanting to go with open source. Seems like there’s not enough budget to run this for enterprise.

edit: just a few minutes (5?) after posting this… I am able to log into vaults now and that blocked msg is gone. still, this gives me (new user) something to think about before moving all of our employees. hmm