[Warning] All data completely deleted from account

RogerDodger: you are probably right. I never claimed the problem I faced is a common occurrence. The issue here isn’t what happened or on what frequency it happens, but what Bitwarden’s support does or doesn’t when it happens. That’s what made me conclude Bitwarden shouldn’t be trusted: Poor to inexistent support.

Gerardv514: About contribute in figuring out what happened, I’d be glad to, but unfortunately, Bitwarden’s support just ended our talking with automated messages saying nothing could be done. I just can’t help if they don’t want it.

Para: That’s really overestimating, isn’t it? All we can say for sure is that I’m the only one who decided to come here and post about it. And I’m happy to say I don’t work for LastPass and wouldn’t recommend it either. Pointing Bitwarden’s service flaws doesn’t mean I’d accept other service’s flaws. And for that same reason I’d not recommend Bitwarden as well.

cksapp: Well, it’s fine if you think that. I just stated my point of view after I had to talk to Bitwarden’s support. To me it was clear they didn’t care at all. I do believe if a person or a company, such as Bitwarden, has a service, they should be capable of finding the root cause of a problem, or at least try to do that. Fortunately it may be something rare, happening to a few, or maybe just with me, but what if it was something widespread? Or if in the future it becomes widespread? Let me be clear: they didn’t even try to find out what caused the problem, there was no questioning about what I did before it happened. It was just: “yep, your data is gone, there’s nothing we can do”. There was no try to diagnose/troubleshoot it. As a support professional, I acknowledge the importance of delivering outstanding service to clients. If I were to provide the same level of service I have experienced, I would probably be dismissed promptly.

ForumGhost: I’d find it pretty difficult. They’d have to get my password and access to my TFA. I’d also have notifications from Bitwarden warning me about a new login. I even bought security keys and on the day of the incident I was checking Bitwarden’s plans so I could use my keys to secure even further my account, so you could say I take my security very seriously.

For everyone:
Let me clear. What I am saying is: Bitwarden service (provided by the company) shouldn’t be trusted. You should differentiate Bitwarden’s service from Bitwarden itself. Right now I am hosting my own instance (running a Bitwarden’s fork) and I’m considerably happy since I can trust it, because on it everything that may happen is my responsibility.

PS.: I’m not mentioning anyone because new community users are limited to mentioning just two users.