[Warning] All data completely deleted from account

@bwuser10000 That’s your right, it wouldn’t change what happened. I did manage to get it back from a device disconnected from the internet which had a old version. I lost some new passwords (the unsynced ones), but I still was able to recover the most so I’d guess I was lucky. As I said, as soon as that device was connected to the internet it lost all my data as well.

@Eugene99 As I said above, why would I lie? I literally have no reason nor will gain anything from that. I’m not even expecting Bitwarden to admit there’s some flaw on their service. I just thought other people should know they have to be careful and to not blindly trust Bitwarden.

@ grb You’re right, but Bitwarden support is aware that I do only have a free account so it would be a violation of Bitwarden’s ToS to have more than one account and I wouldn’t do that because (1) why would I need or want more than one account? and (2) it’s not in my conduct to violate something I agreed to.

About they caring or not about their users it should be fairly simple to understand. Their service has a flaw, that flaw made a user lose all its data. All they can say is: you’re not paying so we can’t find out what happened and you’re on your own.

If I hadn’t find an old device which had a previous sync from my vault I’d have lost all my data (while I was talking to them that was the case since I remembered this old phone long after last talking to them). That’s pretty much the description of not caring about their users, at least to me, and you’re fine to disagree.

My point is: Bitwarden shouldn’t be trusted. If you really like it, just download the source code and host by yourself. Or just find a service that really care about its users.