Vault accessable setting to automaticaly clear clipboard after a PW Copy & Paste?

When logging into a site and I do a “copy password”, then paste it into the login screen, the password persists in my clipboard. Is there a Bitwarden vault setting that I can set to have my clipboard automatically cleared after I paste my password into the login screen? I am constrained to use the BitWarden Vault to access my logins.

This feature exists. Take a look at the options. By the way: Why do you use copy-paste? If you are using the Bitwarden browser extension, try Ctrl+Shift+L. By doing this you completely skip the clipboard-problem.

Peter_H, Thanks for the response.
I cannot install the extension in my browser for reasons I cannot get into here.

I’ve looked at Options in the Vault and have not found the setting I am seeking.
Where are you seeing this in the Vault as an option?

Respectfully,
johnavi

The options are within the clients other than the web vault, under settings > options.

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 8.12.36 AM

3 Likes

Thank you Trey Greer!

1 Like

I think im confused. Why does it say “clear clipboard never?” The persons advice said if you dont want the clipboard to remember any autofill information you select clear clipboard never? Shouldnt it be something like an option like “never remember?”

Trey only posted a screenshot to show possible options. The activated “Never” is not related to John’s question. By the way: Trey unfortunately has left Bitwarden ages ago.