Updating/Changing existing p/w?

G’day,

I am keen to use Bitwarden and have a question.

Can I change ALL my site passwords through Bitwarden via autogenerate when I Favourite my site log-ins?

Cheers

Gav

If you mean by Password Changer that Dashlane/lastpass and some others offer then no, Bitwarden cannot change passwords on your behalf then save it for you. You’ll have to do it manually.

Right, so just so I being clear, If I log into a site, like twitter, with an existing log on and save that to Bitwarden, can I use Bitwarden to change that password for a generated one, or do I have to follow steps you’ve said and do it manually?

I want to change my passwords regularly for sites I am a member and if Bitwarden can do this I’d be chuffed.

Chur.

Gav

Yes, you’ll have to go to that website’s profile settings and change your password there. Atm bitwarden can’t automatically change a password for you even if you generate a new one.

I have a follow up question on this topic.

Altho lastpass semi-convinient auto-changer should been, i had tons of failed password changes that i had to use history of passwords to revert the “changes” that did not happen.

Do bitwarden has similar function to say you use the same password on X many sites, or you have not changed password on these X sites for Y time?

If you mean by the security challenge part of lastpass then Bitwarden doesn’t have that