Unusual Behavior With My Android App(s)

Ugh! :persevere: My Master Password wouldn’t work, so I once again, cancelled/deleted that account and opened a new account with a different email address. And I clicked on that link, but the only way that I can import my Vault from my phone is to go through the web. However, I don’t see how I can get my encrypted vault stored in my files on my phone onto the web or onto my PC.

However, I read something about an OTG adapter that could transfer my phone content to a portable (external) drive, but unfortunately, I don’t have an OTG adapter:

Part 4. How to Transfer Files from Android to External Hard Drive without Computer Using an OTG Adapter

And from there, I suppose I could transfer the files on my portable drive to my PC and then onto the web. However, in my opinion, what seems to be the missing link is not being able to import one’s vault on one’s phone into Bitwarden’s phone app. Therefore, I don’t understand why I have to transfer my vault from my phone into the web rather than just being able to transfer my vault from my phone into my Bitwarden phone app. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: