Unable to set up new Bitwarden install on new laptop

I am trying to install the Bitwarden macOS app on a new computer. I am unable to complete setup and login using my email/password and both the previously configured 2FA Authenticator App / previously generated Bitwarden recovery code.

I have Bitwarden installed and working on my iPhone, and another Mac computer.

These are the steps I have taken and info:

Brand new macOS machine.
Install Bitwarden macOS App
Login username / password
Authenticator app - enter the 6 Digit verification code from your authenticator app
Using Microsoft Authenticator - iOS iPhone app

An Error has occured
Two Step token is invalid. Try again
Wait for code to refresh, try again. Same error.

Use another two-step login method
Recovery Code:
Sends me to : Bitwarden Web Vault
Enter email address, master password, recovery code
An Error has occurred, invalid information. Try again.
Try again. Same error.

Try signing in to Bitwarden website directly through Firefox
https://vault.bitwarden.com/#/
Enter email and master password
Enter the 6 Digit verification code from Microsoft Authenticator iOS app
An Error has occured
Two Step token is invalid. Try again
Wait for code to refresh, try again. Same error.

Relevant notes:

This is a brand new computer.
MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
macOS Big Sur v 11.2.3

iPhone OS is fully up to date, including all apps
iPhone 11
iOS 14.4.1

Date, time, and Time Zone are identical between devices (phone and computer)

Location Services has been enabled on phone and laptop - allowing for “Set time zone automatically using current location”.
This correctly sets the time and date on both devices, automatically synced by Apple.

The same Microsoft Authenticator app is working for other services set for 2FA Authenticator App login on this laptop.
Before trying to install Bitwarden and running into this issue, I logged into Facebook using the 2FA token in this app.
After trying to install Bitwarden and running into this issue, I logged into Google using the 2FA token in this app.

I have a “Bitwarden Premium” membership
I am looking for any help in what might be causing this not to work.

The determination from Support is that somehow the 2FA connection to Bitwarden has been corrupted or broken. Although the Bitwarden 2FA I set up many months ago inside iOS Microsoft Authenticator app has been used many times to login over these months, “something” happened and caused it to fail and not work on login… although all other 2FA connections for other websites and services within the same Microsoft Authenticator app continue to work without issue.

The only solution is to delete my account, recreate, import the vault contents, then support will apply my Premium subscription to my new account.

Thankfully, I have active sessions on another computer so I am able to export my vault contents before deletion. This would be a total loss otherwise.