The new color scheme is ugly

Yep, two different shades of blue. At least it isn’t orange or purple or something else now.

Genuinely, I don’t mind the new color scheme. I agree that the old blue was better, but this problem is just so trivial compared to what I now face daily in these unprecedented times - honestly, the new blue just did not register with me.

2 Likes

The darker color schemes are still okay (with exception of the icon), but the default one just hurts the eyes.
Might do the trick for some people.

The new blue reminds me of Enpass. The old one was neither 1PW nor Enpass. Now it’s harder to distinguish from a competitor. Not a good thing, IMO.

I love the new color - it is now aligned with 2 other services. Combined, they are considered the core of a safe workplace; regardless if working in the office or at home: an authenticator, password manager and DNS-screening.

2 Likes

I like the new blue.

3 Likes

I do see the importance of having some control over brand colors (wouldn’t be recognizable if users could use any color of the rainbow), but I would like to be able to choose between blues.

I haven’t forked over the money for a colorimeter yet but I can at least report that across about half a dozen different default-calibrated displays (including some mobile), the old color looks great, while the new one looks cheap and gaudy, if not literally painful.

This has turned out to be quite an emotive subject! As I posted earlier, I actually like the new blue. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I hope people realise that this is subjective. Neither is right or wrong - you are never going to please everyone.

3 Likes

I also prefer the old color.

I agree. It’s very aggressive and looking it for a longer time hurts my eyes. I don’t know of any place on my desktop where such an aggressive blue would be in use. On four external high class monitors (all different vendors and all calibrated with a professional calibration tool) and one notebook display (also calibrated) the color looks equally unpleasant and makes text poorly readable as a background color.

The only alternative color themes available are all dark ones and all of my desktop is light, so this is no option. The old color theme was really nice with a very pleasant, gentle blue tone. Please offer it as an option or allow custom color themes so I can get rid of that horrible blue.

To give you an idea how annoying that color is to me: If I’m stuck with that blue, I will have to cancel my premium membership and move to a different password manager. I did that before when I moved to bitwarden and I will do it again if bitwarden decides to take the path that the other companies took when they forced changes down the throat of their customers they have never asked for while constantly ignoring the features they keep asking for.

it’s utterly hideous

1 Like

I agree this new color is very ugly

1 Like

I did too. The new color is horrible!

The old one was sublime

1 Like

:+1:

I dig this bolder blue very much.

Also like the idea of having any previous, current and future color schemes available as optional settings.

Pocketcasts’ mobile app for example allows the user to select from nearly 15 app icon colors/styles. I’ve noticed some browser extensions also allow such configurations.

This might help ease the grumbling in here as having issues with color seems to be all the rage these days :v:

1 Like

I disagree, but as it is an opinion what colors you like, I do support the idea of a wider variaty of themes available as new scheme was implemented without matching colors in the dark scheme.

However it’s just a theme,I had to get used to it too but I’ve grown quite fond of it.

I would like to see the option for user generated themes where one could change a set of predefined elements with a color picker or something.

1 Like