We’re missing more granularity on two strings in the “Desktop” version.
To be perfectly specific, “View” and “Edit” should be differentiated. We need it as a verb and as a noun. There are no differences in English UI, but they’re in French UI.
Example #1: the nav bar.
- In English it’s: File, Edit, View.
- In French it’s: Fichier, Modifier, Affichage.
- In French it should be: Fichier, Édition, Affichage.
Example #2: right-click on any item.
- In English it’s: View, Edit.
- In French it’s: Affichage, Modifier.
- In French it should be: Afficher, Éditer.
Adding the verb and the noun version will help to gain global consistency and accuracy.
@LocalizationTeam: Please let us know if this addition can also be profitable in other languages.