Technique to see which logins haven't been used at least 4 months

I have a bunch of accounts that need to be accessed every 4 months, else they automatically get deleted.

Can you think of clever Bitwarden techniques to identify which accounts I need to log into to prevent their loss?

I currently create a note in Bitwarden with the last access date of each account. Then, when I access the account, I edit the note with the current date. That process is time consuming (having the edit the item in Bitwarden each time I login to each account) and does not lend itself to being searchable or sortable to determine what accounts are about to expire.

I also tried something similar by adding the date to the item’s title. It was rather ugly, and wasn’t much better than the above technique.

Does anyone have any good ideas?

I have something similar, a couple sites that if I don’t login at least every six months, require me to re-validate myself. Major PITA.

I do NOT try to handle this (the reminder) thru my password manager (was LP, now BW). I simply setup up a reminder in my calendar system, on a rolling five month basis.

Thanks so much Stuart. I was thinking about doing that, but I’m not sure how well it will work as I have over 30 accounts for which I need to do this. Also, I prefer not to do all the logins on just 1 or 2 days because sometimes password changes are required, and that gets time consuming if I have to do many on the same day.

I appreciate your feedback, and it reminds me that I could set a bunch of calendar events. Perhaps that’s the best way, but I’m hoping for a good way to do it within Bitwarden since it already has all the data entered. I feel like there is likely a clever solution, but it’s just not coming to me right now.

Luckily, I only have a couple left. Most of the sites that required PW changes or frequent logins have gotten smart and stopped (like SS used to require, or my bank).

Will follow thread, if anything comes to you, I’m in!

1 Like