Sync in web vault

The web vault does not automatically sync with remote changes, nor does it have a sync button. One of these should be implemented.

Sometimes I have two web vault tabs open for complicated maneuvering, like when I’m dealing with orgs, and it’s really annoying that I have to click refresh to sync the current page, then I have to type in my password again.

I actually figured out another way which is to navigate to a different page and then come back where I was, then the page is synced with the server. So it should be easy to add some sync button that just reloads the current page, thus syncing it.

Hi Drew - are you asking for a method to resync the vault and update the contents of the current web page while viewing the Web Vault, but without refreshing the current page in your browser? If so, I am not sure that is possible.

Note that the web vault interface is very responsive to recent changes to synced vault contents, but the contents are only as current as the last page load. You would have to navigate to a different page in the vault, I believe, to see updated content.

are you asking for a method to resync the vault and update the contents of the current web page while viewing the Web Vault, but without refreshing the current page in your browser?

Yes

If so, I am not sure that is possible.

Sure it is. You even specified how:

navigate to a different page in the vault

Just do this twice to return to where you started A->B->A

There is a key difference between navigation and refreshing. Refreshing the page always requires you to login with your password again. Navigating between pages, however, does not. I’m suggesting adding a button that effectively means “re-navigate to the current page,” to reload the page in the same way as when you navigate to it through the UI from a different page, without requiring you to visit some extraneous page as an intermediate step.

OK, so you actually DO want to refresh the contents of the page, but without being forced to login again. Got it.

I am going to merge this request with a past similar request and close this one.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Improve Lock and Log Out Settings