Support for Multiple Sign-ins / Logins / Accounts on One Web Site

Crocmagnon:

I just figured out that Bitwarden DOES do what I requested when I have multiple items (sign-ins) for one URL or web site, but the solution wasn’t apparent to me based on just learning about Bitwarden and reading the “Auto-fill logins using the browser extension” FAQ.

When I have multiple Bitwarden items/accounts that all access one URL or web site and Bitwarden fills the web site’s login screen with credentials from an account I don’t want, I just need to open the Bitwarden Vault’s pop-up window again and left click the name of the account that I want to use. Then, Bitwarden repopulates the web site’s sign-in screen’s username and password with the credentials of the account I just clicked on. GREAT - Now I know.

Bitwarden does handle multiple accounts for one URL or web site and I didn’t understand how to make it work. May I suggest that Bitwarden personnel either add another FAQ titled “Using Multiple Sign-ins on One Web Site” which directly addresses the issue, or update the “Auto-fill logins using the browser extension” FAQ to show what I explained above.

Regardless, I appreciate your help and thank you for pointing me in the direction that helped resolve my situation.

2 Likes