Stuck on "awaiting confirmation from desktop" chrome extension

I have updated to 1.56.4 from github, but after enabling “Unlock with biometrics” option, I only get browser integration disabled.
Extension version 1.55.0 and 1.54.0 resulted in same messages.
Do I need to wait for the latest version to be released in Chrome Web Store?
Version 1.56.1 from Chrome web Store prompts me for fingerprints when enabling the option, but gets stuck with message “awaiting confirmation from desktop” after locking the extension.
I have also tried installing the latest Desktop App from github, but I was warned the browser integration is only available for Bitwarden from App Store.
Do I have any option for enabling biometrics in Chrome Extension for now?
I have also tried these fixes by the way:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
macOS 12.1
Bitwarden: Version 1.30.0 (1935)
Google Chrome: Version 98.0.4758.80 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Bitwarden extension: Version: 1.56.1

My extension got automatically updated to 1.56.3 and biometric is working now.
Thanks.

Deleting 1.56.3 version from Chrome and then reinstalling it has helped! During the process, the extension asked for some permissions several times and got synced with a desktop app. It also took me several lock and log-in (using keyboard) cycles before the “unlock with biometrics” option got active in extension settings and got displayed as a log-in option on extention’s launch screen.

1 Like

Hi @Brodriguez - welcome to the forums! And thanks for letting everyone know what worked for you. Glad to hear this!

If I remember correctly, another way to achieve this is to disable browser integration option in the desktop app, disable unlock with biometrics option in the extension, then re-enable browser integration in the desktop app and enable unlock with biometrics in the extension. So there are two options to try now for anyone else having the same problem!

Cheers!

Got updated to 1.56.3 via chrome extension store and the issue is solved

2 Likes

With the last official update everything works again as it should. Thank you

2 Likes

Updated to the latest version yesterday. After a few reboots, the problem is now resolved.

1.56.3 via Chrome extension store works, but auto fill on page load doesn’t seem to work anymore. Anyone else having this problem?

Same issue with 1.57.0 (in Brave 1.37.116). The fingerprint prompt does open, but once the fingerprint is accepted, the browser plugin keeps “awaiting confirmation from desktop”.

Once I open the matching account in the desktop app (I have several accounts) and sign in, the browser extension works as expected. But surely I shouldn’t have to unlock both the desktop app and the browser extension every time I want to fill a password?

Windows 10 using the current version of the desktop app + browser integration through Chrome and having the exact same issue, was this never patched?

Hey Jon, have you tried to reinstall either of the apps and disable, enable the browser integration and TouchID settings? Feel free to reach out to the support team at bitwarden.com/contact

On macOS Monterrey 12.6 (and previous 12), Brave biometric authorisation broke (it was on a Brave update at least six months ago). Very frustrating. But Bitwarden biometrics were not broken. They worked on both the desktop app and Opera.

Did some digging here and in Github. Turning on and off the extension did not help. Turning on and off biometrics in the extension did not help.

What did help was uninstalling the extension and reinstalling. I didn’t get as many permission authorisation and dialogues as Brodriguez but there were a couple. I answered in the affirmative and biometrics are working in Brave 1.52.117 again.

Same problem on Firefox version 117.0 (64 bit), Bitwarden Desktop version 2023.8.3, extension version 2023.7.1. Tried everything that was already mentioned in this or other posts (reinstall both app and extension, restart windows, reenable windows hello, etc.), problem still occurs. Worked fine until about a month ago?

Exactly the same versions and problem behaviour with firefox and windows hello :frowning:

Yikes, it would seem my first post will be half toxic.
I’ve migrated everything to bitwarden just to find that browser integration isnt working.

If there is an error between desktop client and the browser extension on several different OS and several different users then the error is more than definitely the software and not random user errors or other issues.

Would be great to be able to log into sites… i’d think this was kind of the whole idea, no?

I’ve been having this problem for a while, but it was fixed now after the latest Bitwarden desktop app update.

Bitwarden version: 2023.8.4 (Mac App Store build)
Browser: LibreWolf 117.0-1
Bitwarden browser extension version: 2023.8.3

Able to unlock the desktop app with Windows Hello, but Firefox is stuck on Awaiting confirmation from Desktop. No Windows Hello popup is anywhere to be found.
Works on latest chrome…

Notes: If I open the extension on Chrome, while desktop app is closed, it picks up that app is not running, but Firefox does not…?

• Reinstalled the desktop app from the Bitwarden site
  • Reinstalled the browser extension
  • Restarted the PC
  • Disabled all other extensions

Bitwarden dekstop: 2023.9.0
Bitwarden FF extension: Version: 2023.8.3

Server version: 2023.9.0

I would be more than happy to provide any logs required