Sort items by date of modification, addition, last use, etc

Would be nice to have sort by name / modification date (descending) in folder view and all view.

34 Likes

I agree. Itā€™s nice to make a change and the site you changed be at the top of the sort.

1 Like

Yes, and when you have hundreds of password, it is nice to have the frequently used / modified at the top

11 Likes

+1 to this, itā€™s a crucial feature with big databases

4 Likes

Agreed - I want to change passwords every few months, and this seems like the simplest way to achieve that - if I could sort by or report by updated date, I could see the oldest ones and change them.

3 Likes

+1, sorting options are the feature I miss most from 1Passwordā€™s desktop app.

4 Likes

+1 - Nice Feature!

2 Likes

+1! Iā€™m really surprised this isnā€™t a featureā€¦???

6 Likes

Not an ā€œout of the boxā€ solution, but for the somewhat savvy, hereā€™s a method:

Install bitwarden CLI:

$ npm install -g @bitwarden/cli

install jq:

$ brew install jq

then, login and query your data:

$ bw login
$ export BW_SESSION="(... your session key ...)"
$ bw list items |\
jq -r 'sort_by( -( .revisionDate | sub("\\.[0-9]+Z$"; "Z") |
       strptime("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ") | mktime )) |
       .[] | ( .name + " [" + .revisionDate + "]")' |\
head -n10

you can adjust the final head -n10 to show more items (or just omit it to show everything)

8 Likes

This is one of the few things that keeps me from moving from KeePass!

1 Like

Keeping this one alive, being able to sort by modification date would be nice.

1 Like

Hi mate, regarding your nice workaround.

Is there any way to export as CSV file the vault with the modification Date?

Or, as another option, export a CSV file with only the last N modificated accounts/passwords?

That would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

This could all be fixed if tags were added. There could be system tags added and custom tags. You can then filter and sort to your heartā€™s desire.

3 Likes

Iā€™m a LastPass refugee and this type of feature is one thing I miss. It is nice to be able to sort alphabetically or by recently used.

8 Likes

Feature name

• Sort vault by chronological order of last update

Feature function

• Allows you to see which entries had updates made to them