- Sort items based on criteria
- From feature request Sort items by date of modification, addition, last use, etc
- Sort all items in a type based on different criteria like alphabetical order, folder name, date created, last modified/created and maybe has verification code.
- Sorting will either be a local sort (different sort for different types, and changeable quickly) or global sort in the settings affecting all types. This would cut down on UI changes and speed up the process. Input here is appreciated.
- Sorting based on several criteria at the same time is not planned.
Clients / Repos Affected:
Timeline to completion (estimate):
Any input? @tgreer @kspearrin
Thanks, @fredrikburmester! This would be great to have. We do have some UI changes coming in the web vault, but the other clients should be good to go for now.
I’d say mocks/screenshots of the UI would be good to work through first
Here are two quick mockups of the UI if we were to implement a global sort. This could be split into several sort settings for different types as well.
We need to decide:
- One global sort for all types or separate sort settings based on the type?
- The explaining text underneath.
- Location of the setting(s).
iPhone App UI Mockup
Browser Extension UI Mockup
Hi @fredrikburmester, I’ve sent you a message to coordinate this work.
I’ve been working a bit on this and submitted a draft pull request for web. This feature includes sorting the login items (ciphers) by name, last edited and owner (organization). Any comments are much appreciated!
I’ve made another update to this PR with design improvements suggested by Danielle and code improvements thanks to great comments by @eliykat @djsmith85. Please have a look.