[Solved] Problem customising an entry for a specific website

I volunteer for an organisation whose website has a convoluted login form. Looking at the instructions for how to deal with unusual fields, I see that I have to go into the source code of the web page, find the ID of each field, and add these as custom fields to my Bitwarden entry.

This is not the most user-friendly method, but at least it’s thorough. (To display the field ID, it would be nicer to add something like right-click > Bitwarden > Field ID.)

I followed the instructions. For this website, I determined that username is pf, day of birth is day, month is mon, year is yer, sex is sex, and surname is inf.

Thus, when I press Ctrl+Shift+L, Bitwarden automatically fills in the fields.

Except for the month.

I cannot get the month to work. I named the custom field entry “mon”, and for the text, I’ve tried “October”, “O” and “o”. None of them works. I don’t know what else to do.

What have I done wrong?

Thank you

As a side note, KeepassXC has an alternative method. For this page, I specify a series of keystrokes as follows:

{USERNAME}{TAB}{TAB}15{TAB}O{TAB}1960{TAB}{TAB}M{TAB}{TAB}L{TAB}{ENTER}

I find this easier to understand. Does Bitwarden have this sort of option? I don’t see this in the Help Centre.

Try 10 for the month. Looking at the source code, it looks like it works with the values 1-12 for the months.

Edit: Incidentally, I like that idea of having a right-click Bitwarden option to display the field ID. Good idea :+1:t2:

Try 10 for the month.

Thank you, that works. It seems obvious in hindsight :slight_smile:

I like that idea of having a right-click Bitwarden option to display the field ID. Good idea

Thanks. I’ve added a request, if you’re interested.

2 Likes