I’m new to Bitwarden and migrated from Lastpass to see what all the fuss was about.

Now, I’m on desktop and using either chrome / firefox I’ve noticed when I ‘register’ for a new website, lastpass done great at pushing the notification to add the details immediately after I had entered username and password / repeat password (generated).

Whereas now, I’ve noticed that Bitwarden doesn’t. For me it kind of doesn’t realise I’ve filled in a new form or new sign up page which redirects to being logged in and doesn’t ask to save my new details, which means I need to keep the password in the clipboard and add manually, which I think defeats the purpose of security.

Am I missing something here? Or does bitwarden or should it do something special on sign up forms / registration?

Examples: Betting website, pop up box, but seems to be all websites for me.

Although it does work for websites ‘I know’ the passwords for and bitwarden does ask to save them.

Same experience here. I think if you are a longtime user of a particular password manger, BW is going to have some shortcomings. Some of the “automatic stuff” just doesn’t work consistently or not as well as it does with other password managers.

I find BW to be a great pw manager but I do not think it is as complete nor as convenient to use as Roboform but your data can remain on-premise if you self-host. That is why I’m still here trying to wean myself off of RF which I consider a more convenient and robust solution; excluding the cloud-hosted aspect.

RF has been around since 2000 and I have been using it since the early 2000’s along with other pw managers. BW is still fairly new with a lot of potential so I’m hopeful that it will only get better and surpass the others if the developer(s) keep it open-source and don’t sell out.