Separate accounts needed to have different set accessible for executor?

I currently have one Bitwarden account, with my primary passwords. It contains the important ones I use now, and also wish to pass on to my executor after my departure. (How to plan for that is another question!)

If I wanted to have another set of non-critical passwords that I would be happy if they disappeared when I do (and even some items I would really prefer the executor of my will not to know about!), does that mean I have to set up a whole new Bitwarden account for that set?

I’m coming from 1Password world, where this is achieved with a second ‘vault’ within the same account. Separate primary password to access each vault.

1 Like

Regarding your first question about passing on your vault to your executor, Yes this can be done in BW easily through the feature of "Emergency access"
For using this the executor should also have a bitwarden account (could be free one) before you could add them as your emergency access.
Though this feature is currently available only to premium members.

About your second question , i am not sure whether in an individual account a feature exists where only selected passwords would he passed on or would be wiped off on certain event.
I am also looking for a way of separating my non-critical and critical password. I don’t know a way currently other than making a separate account for it.
Maybe others in community could help you on it :smile:

1 Like

thanks for the tip on emergency access, I’ll check it out. :grinning:

I guess having a paid primary account, and then a free second account for my ‘extras’ would be okay. I just thought there would be some way to do it within a single acccount.

1 Like

Mmhh, managing 2 separate account feels a hassle to me too. Coz then you have to remember 2 master passwords which you can’t forget and would have to ensure you keep the right password in right vault.
Also currently there is no drag and drop i guess , so any transfer would have to be done manually by copy/paste.
I think maybe in future the dev might bring a feature similar to this , without needing to make separate accounts

1 Like