Scan separate fingerprints for unlocking the vault

AFAIK, Bitwarden currently uses the OS built-in fingerprint framework/support.

Adding a feature to recognize your very own fingerprint in order to unlock your own vault, would be very troublesome and hard to implement, as a lot of coding would need to have be re-written.

I think it would be marvelous and very convenient to link your vault to your fingerprint for the ease of use, but I’m sure that many users would complain about security flaws here. Mostly because the TouchID (on iOS) and fingerprint support (on Android) on either cases are to be very error-prone for some scenarios.

I’ve read about TouchID tech yesterday and it seems to be (a bit) safer method rather than the current Android fingerprint framework. However, in matters of security, chances are that it could be hacked, by many ways.

So in resume: yes, it’s convenient. But it leaves a bunch of security breaches behind.

Edit: Also, as a bottom line, recognizing biometrics from each user for each vault would need an extra job to make both accounts accessible. Kyle’s already told about quick account swapping, but it’s most likely to be not done so soon. It had been discussed here in the community before. Feel free to search it along as it goes.