Samsung Android 11 Mobile Update has Disabled Bitwarden... Solution? "tentatively in March"

Samsung today pushed out a Security Update today and we just did both our S10 phones. Immediately I found that this Security Update has crippled BitWarden… I can get in to Bitwarden, but Nothing will connect to the Internet… Not even clicking on “Help & Support” within the Android App!

I uninstalled and then Re-Installed BW… NADA…Zip…

A long call with T-Mobile and then Samsung which we updated EVERY APP (Who new it was ALL Manual?) and just about every other check for permissions… and Nothing…

They finally said “The Engineers” concluded that BitWarden failed to perform the correct Updates to the new Security Protocols…

And advice would be appreciated…

UPDATE 2.25.11 - Just received a separate response from BW’s Help Line:

You probably upgraded your phone to Android 11. We are aware of this issue and the fix will be released along with the new version, tentatively in March.

​We are sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Update… Bitwarden responded later with:

“We completely understand how frustrating this can be. March 9th is the start of our release, and mobile apps will become available over the following few days (10th-18th or so) as the ‘phased’ rollout happens.”

While I am pleased that they respond to my inquiries incredibly fast, I am unsure why this major issue was (is) not more prominently discussed or was announced for all to be aware of.

Bitwarden Development Team said it would happen and it did…

Though I have my Samsung Android Mobile to “Auto Update” APPS, I’ve been doing manually updates daily waiting for the FIX from BW to correct the Mobile App where it refused to Auto-Fill and other issues.

Today 3/12 It showed an Update and BW immediately began working again. YEA!

I also moved both our mobiles to a Paid Tier for the extra’s they offer.

Can’t say enough good things about BW’s response…

As I related to a member of their software Team, we are looking forward to all the improvements that Users have requested…

1 Like