Resizeable browser extension window

Feature name

• Resizable extension window for Firefox and Chromium

Feature function

I open the Bitwarden extension from Firefox or Chromium and the window is tiny and much like trying to view a landscape through a soda straw. When I attempt to resize it, there are no resizable edges or corners from which to do so.

Related topics + references

This feature request follows a closed bug report: Resizing of extension popup · Issue #3221 · bitwarden/clients · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for the feature request, I believe this is related to fingerprinting prevention, you can try disabling this in Firefox to see if it resolves the issue.

Or use the the sidebar in Firefox (my preferred method) to see the full view or pop-out the window.

Here’s the Github issue where we are tracking this: Firefox addon popup menu differs in size · Issue #1451 · bitwarden/clients · GitHub

1 Like

Thank you for that suggestion. I didn’t realize that “pop out” was an option. It solves a different behavior I found less than optimal. :slight_smile:

Also happening in Brave Nightly (1.46.2 Chromium 106.0.5249.40) on Manjaro 5.10.141 x86_64. This didn’t happen as recently as 6 weeks ago, so I’m not sure what is being lost with respect to display settings. My fingerprinting settings are disabled (Prevent sites from fingerprinting me → enabled; Block fingerprinting → Standard).

Resizing handles would solve all of these problems. “Popping out” the window just to make it bearable to work with is very inconvenient.

Also happening in Brave Nightly (1.46.7 Chromium 106.0.5249.55) on MacOS Big Sur 11.7. Again, did not happen as recently as 6 weeks ago. I was surprised to see the same behavior in MacOS.