It would be great if there was a way to reorder URI’s and custom fields instead of copying > pasting > deleting.
I constantly manually reorder URIs for correct entry icons. Because when first URI is Android app, and second one is a site, the entry icon will be Android icon. So I have to manually move site URI to first place for entry to display correct icon.
I agree. This the inability to label URIs and the obfuscated URIs make it impossible to discern which URI the user is launching without going into Edit mode.
- Allow re-ordering websites within an item
- Some user-interface for re-ordering websites within an item
- Should be possible on desktop, browser plugin, or desktop app
Related topics + references
- Adding multiple websites to an item is an especially helpful feature of BitWarden
- I commonly have items with both a website (I can use from a desktop) and android uri (I can use from my phones)
- Sometimes I am introduced to a new app / service through an Android app. When I create a new account and save it in BitWarden, the android uri is saved in the item by default. If I then use the website directly, and add it to the card, it goes to the bottom of the list.
- If I want to navigate to the website of an item (another helpful feature), the first one is always the one that’s used. If this happens to be the android one, it doesn’t do much on a desktop
- The only way to re-order websites now is to copy/paste between existing websites, adding a temporary one and deleting it after… kind of annoying.
- I know that drag-drop reordering of lists can be a bit difficult to implement. A “move to top” button beside websites would be good enough and maybe easier?
Custom fields already allow this. For this to not be possible with URIs is weird.
“Any field should be possible to designate as any type of special field (Password, Username, URI, and TOTP)” would remediate this, but what you suggest is more easy to implement.
Perhaps even simpler, it wouldn’t even be necessary to re-order the URIs if there was an option to designate one of the URIs as “primary”, so that the “Launch” function would always launch the primary URI (no matter what position it occupies in the list). By default, the first URI would be primary, but the user should be able to change this at will.
I often see, that some passwords from websites or apps don’t have an icon, which helps to find the login credentials. But sometimes there’s no icon, and then it needs more time. I think that is because it tries to take the icon from the first URI.
So if the first URI is from an app, it can’t display an icon, and you have to manually copy & paste them out. For 2 URIs it’s not a big deal, but if you have multiple, it needs a lot of time.
I would be happy, I this feature gets added to all or the most platforms.