Remove Trackers from Bitwarden

I’ve got to agree.

There should be no tracking whatsoever in a password manager.

This is a big concern of mine as well

Most of the apps and programs that we use do collect data. Look at Firefox and the data its collecting. Bitwarden collects crash reports and that’s all. There is a version of Bitwarden without trackers which you can download from F-droid, if you are really concerned.

Just be happy that Bitwarden has a package which does not collect any data when other password managers like Lastpass has 7 trackers inside the app.

1 Like

Hi @tgreer,

Thank you for your explanation.

As for the server which is audited because only an audit can validate if everything is clean or not, do you have audits for the apps or browser extensions?

Who can know if the crash report will not send user/password used when the crash appeared?

I also think you should remove all trackers.

Thx

Our security audit included client applications, too.

Plus all the client code is available for audit/review anytime at GitHub - bitwarden/mobile: The mobile app vault (iOS and Android). so you can see exactly how we integrate those libraries, as well as any function/event calls to them.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifications.

To make it simple and to avoid to check code each release, the best is to stop using these trackers as some competitors do.

Best regards