Relationship 'links' between items

Relationship ‘links’ between items

• Within BitWarden, it would be helpful if you could ‘link’ items together by forming relationships between them, whether they are for reference, or as a dependency.

Feature function

• What will this feature do differently? Adds the ability for items to be linked together (relationships formed between them) such as a dependency, or, just for reference.
  • What benefits will this feature bring? As a use-case, you may store a Login item in your BitWarden Vault for service that uses a third-party authentication platform (like Google or GitHub). That third-party platform has it’s own separate Login item, but is linked to our new Login item as a dependency. This prevents duplicating data (that can quickly go out of date), and provides the ability to locally keep track of how those logins are being used / what they provide access to.

Example Use Case

I would like to create a reCAPTCHA key for my website and have those details stored securely in my BitWarden Vault:

1. I login with my Google Account, and create the reCAPTCHA site key/secret appropriately for my website.
  2. I create a Login Item (or Secure Note) in BitWarden to store the reCAPTCHA details using new Hidden fields. Note that the username/password fields are not being used in this case, because we authenticated using our existing Google Account, which has it’s own Item inside BitWarden.
  3. I’d like the ability to create a referential link between these two items in BitWarden. This way, on my reCAPTCHA item, I could link my Google Account as a dependency, so that I know which account it belongs to for future reference.
  4. Viewing either item will show the relationship between them, so that you can easily click and use/view/edit those items appropriately.