Progress on browser biometric unlock for MS store version?

I was just curious to hear if there have been any news anywhere on this. When the biometric unlock feature for browser extensions was released early last year there was a quick update shortly after that this would not work with the MS store (or Windows store) version of Bitwarden until the devs find a workaround. I’m guess no workaround has been found but is this still even looked at? I personally quite enjoy the app from the store instead of using installers but I’ve been missing this feature for quite some time now. Since then MS now even allows you to just publish any application into the store pretty much without any restrictions anymore.

Not sure if there has been any update on this on any Github issues, maybe someone here knows anything about it. Will biometric unlock be supported in the MS store version of Bitwarden in the near future?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @Stahlreck, are you using Windows S mode?

Hey @dwbit. No I’m not using the S mode (the store page also mentions this not being supported either way). I just use the store version for the convenience of simple one-clikc installation and the auto updates via it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve passed it along to the team :+1:

1 Like