Passphrase generator dictionary option or use the user language as default

Having the passphrase generator in English only makes it unusable for me at the moment. All passphrase passwords I have to “generate” myself in my (Dutch) language so I (might be able to) remember them. Having the generator using the application language set in settings would be very helpful.

Well I would love to see this feature,
But I don’t think there is a passphrase dictionary in my mother tongue. I searched for it, couldn’t really find a language pack

I would like it to. I speak French and even if it wasn’t about my own language, it would improve security. English is the most commonly used language on Earth. So, it is more probably targeted language. The best answer would be to have the possibility of chisen a mix of language. For example, chosing 3 languages for at least the same amount of words.

I think language should be an option to choose from in the generator rather than defaulting to the language set in the Settings. Set as a multi choice one like jseb mentioned so the phrase can be in multiple languages which would be perfect

One of the hurdles with enabling it for more languages would be the words that contain diacritics which aren’t globally supported for passwords. There would need to be a checkbox to enable/disable them for when websites/apps don’t support them, and then have a way of filtering words based on the diacritics to be in the phrase based on the checkbox.

For example, the below Norsk is the bears-the bread which contains the diacritic ø
Bjørnene-brødet

1 Like

+1

Diceware word lists suitable for passphrases are readily available in many languages https://theworld.com/~reinhold/diceware.html#Diceware%20in%20Other%20Languages|outline

Hi everybody
I think it can be very useful to allow you to generate secret phrases in different languages ​​and not just in English. What do you think? It would be enough to enter the chosen language in the settings and add an extra vocabulary.