✅ Inline autofill menu (formerly known as overlay popup interface)

Damn, if we had this feature and " Require master password “re-prompt” for some items " i wouldn’t even miss LastPass anymore :smiley:

2 Likes

It has been 3 years. Can we please get this feature. It is one of the things really missing compared to lastpass

7 Likes

Do we have an ETA on this feature? I’m thinking of switching from LastPass to Bitwarden and this feature is a deciding factor for me.

6 Likes

I found the same, but if Bitwarden wants to capture the LastPass exodus they should implement this regardless. Most people’s habits die hard. Plus there are valid reasons why it can be a better UI than the alternatives, e.g. if you have multiple matching sites then pressing Ctrl+Shift+L repeatedly is not a good UX; nor is moving the mouse up to click the Bitwarden icon in the toolbar, due to Fitts’s law.

I’m not shooting the messenger here since you’re just citing other people’s opinions - but I don’t see how that criticism can be valid. The overlay can be added via the documentReady event handler or similar, and then it would not change the normal page load at all and only kick in after the page has loaded.

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

Definitely on our roadmap but no official ETA at this time.

10 Likes

We do have a contribution on this, thought I don’t know how long it would take for completion, and after it, how long it would take for bitwarden to accept the code.

1 Like

As a recent convert from LastPass and Roboform to Bitwarden, this is by far the number 1 thing I miss - maybe the only thing I miss - so I wanted to chime in my support for its development.

In addition to the mouse travel time to go up to the browser extension to fetch the credentials, I really appreciate instantly knowing if I have saved credentials for a given domain, and a value for have many I have. Just today I’ve been momentarily confused by going to a website and thinking, “Oh crap, I didn’t save credentials for this?” and then remembering that’s not how this works. I’m sure I’ll adjust, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

You could even consider gating it behind premium, I’m sure it would be an incentive feature for people like me coming from Lastpass wanting a familiar behavior.

Finally I understand the concerns others have for security and efficiency. I don’t pretend to be a developer but making it an optional feature seems like that best solution. Being able to enable/disable it for specific domains would be even better.

Thanks - so far really enjoying Bitwarden.

7 Likes

For all people supporting this feature request just don’t forget to upvote it , this is the best way to show to developer how much this feature is desired

12 Likes

This feature is really important to me for getting the less tech savvy people in my life to move over.

8 Likes

Just switched over from Lastpass, loving it so far! That said, this is the the only thing that’s keeping me from recommending Bitwarden to the rest of my family and friends. Voted, please add this.

5 Likes

This is a really important feature for people who have multiple accounts on one site.

4 Likes

I know that this is not super necessary, but I would love a function where bitwarden detects the website where I am, and shows a button next to the user name field, so I just click it and autofill my information in that specific website.

I know you could go to the extension icon and click the website to fill, or right click, bitwarden and choose the option, but would be great to have that option closer, with just one click if decided. It’s just a quality of life feature I would enjoy.

I would also love to see this feature,
By the way, You can use
Ctrl + Shift + Y to open the extension
Ctrl + Shift + L to autofill and cycle through logins

Just switched from LastPass after years using it, and this is the thing I miss the most in Bitwarden. Considering I keep the extension hidden in the Chrome toolbar, it’s a lot easier to not only see my credentials right on the input elements, but also to generate new passwords from there.

4 Likes

I was so close to upgrading to the premium plan after switching over from LastPass, but this missing feature is really holding me back, to the point I may carry on using LastPass (as my work provide me a Team account)

3 Likes

@johngeorgine you on the same boat as me . I also hide my extension in chrome toolbar, right now the fastest way to autofill is using ctrl+shift+L, but if you have more than 1 credential in the same website , it will be a pain because it always choose by default the latest used.

Upvote this feature request for input field fill icons: Overlay popup interface

1 Like

But… Pressing it again will fill in next one for this page.

still not the best experience for users with 3+ logins

X-Last pass user here, I totally agree, this feature AND the selective pwd reprompt for certain sites are the main features bitwarden lacks atm.

2 Likes