✅ Inline autofill menu (formerly known as overlay popup interface)

I also think this is a very important feature moving from lastpass to bitwarden.

1 Like

Bonjour,

Je suis un utilisateur de bitwarden depuis pas mal de temps, et avant j’utilisais des app concurrentes [lastpass, 1password, dashlane,…].
J’aurai voulu savoir si c’était possible de rajouter directement dans les champs de connexions, l’icône bitwarden pour s’authentifier plus rapidement ?
un peut à la manière de l’app Lastpass ? Je vous joint un screen de cette fonctionnalités.

Cordialement,
TESAN Pierre-Alexis

Translated by Google.

Hello,

I’ve been a bitwarden user for quite a while, and before I used competing apps [lastpass, 1password, dashlane,…].
I would have liked to know if it was possible to add directly in the connection fields, the bitwarden icon to authenticate more quickly?
a bit like the Lastpass app? I attach you a screen of this functionality.
Regards,
TESAN Pierre-Alexis

1 Like

I also miss a popup feature.

1 Like

I wonder what actually happened to this request. Would be very useful for some user if this is implement as an optional feature.

2 Likes

Nothing has ‘happened’ to it :slight_smile:

We’re just working towards a long list of to-dos :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

Feature name

• Enter the name/concept of the feature being requested
    A button in the account credential text boxes on a site or on mobile for autofill menu

Feature function

• What will this feature do differently?
    It will be easier than clicking on the extension on a PC browser and less intrusive than the floating box on mobile.

An example:

3 Likes

This feature has already been requested

@tgreer And plans when this will be implemented?

@OLLI_S this is a backlog item and hasn’t yet been scoped for development.

@kspearrin @tgreer this is a great feature! Can you please think about implementing it as soon as possible? It would improve the ease of use of the extension by a lot.

Take a look

1 Like

Feature name

• Login tip

Feature function

• What will this feature do differently?
    Show a notification if the ‘login tip’ box is filled. Something like Roboform have. But preferably some sort of growl notification.
  • What benefits will this feature bring?
    Show the tip for the site without fillable password. Like for example bank account with the randomise number input. So no need to open the extension, click on the icon show, click on the icon show password. This could also be use for showing the credentials for the ‘basic access authentication’

For less tech savvy family members, this feature would be extremely helpful. I’m not even sure if I can get them to switch without this feature as they have come to expect it from LastPass. Any updates on it being moved up the development lane from backlog?

2 Likes

I would like to share my feedback as I also agree with this feature. As opposed to some of the comments here, I moved away from LastPass to Bitwarden mainly because it is open source and has a dedicated community. For that reason, this is one of the features I assumed implicit and I really expected to find here too, as I think any user prefers a single-click to get his password rather than navigating a context menu or auto-fill (which may end up filling against the user intent). Hope you can bring this soon!

3 Likes

Good proposal, I think it will be a much better interaction design.

You should bump up some of these basic features now that you’re going to be getting an influx of users from LastPass :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You obviously know what’s happening due to LastPass bad move.
So, please, implement this feature :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It seems lastpass is essensiatly committing suicide now, without sync nothing can put it over other competitors on free tier , and on paid tier , dashlane and 1password are arguably the best.
It wouldn`t be a big surprise to see Bitwarden receiving a fair slice of ex-LP users from now on , overlay pop up is definitely the very first thing an ex-lastpasser would miss. implementing it right now seems like the smartest move, application autofill is another thing to consider , lastpass does offer it.

2 Likes

Honestly, I do not miss this feature at all.

I was annoyed at first that this feature was not included. But between the browser extension, right click context menu, and auto-fill shortcut (ctrl+shift+L) I think there are plenty of options for filling in your login details. Plus you can always turn on the Auto-fill function in the extension, though I have found it to be annoying at times as it auto-fills on settings pages when you don’t want to input the data.

It is also worth noting that this feature has often been critisized for causing slower page loads.

4 Likes