Organization vault in Bitwarden browser extension

Pretty simple feature idea. I would like to be able to access my organization’s vault in my browser extension. I don’t see any settings or documentation to support this feature.

H i @shandysulen & welcome!

Anything that’s shared with you from the org vault is available inside your extension. You can manage the org items (new collections, groups, assignment, roles, etc) from the web vaul.

Hey @tgreer! I don’t see any sharing options for my organization or the items within it. It seems the best I can do is clone an item and change the ownership to my email address. Do you know why that might be?

You may not be in the “org” management section - make sure you click on the organization name (on the right side of the screen) - and when you’re in, you’ll see tabs like below. There, you can make sure that the collections, etc. are shared with your user.

Hey @tgreer, so are you suggesting that I export the vault, and then import the data to my user’s vault? While it’s a quicker method than individually cloning each item to my user’s vault, it’s still not exactly what I’m looking for.

I’d like to be able to view my organization’s vault in the Bitwarden browser extension, instead of viewing my user’s vault which contains copied content from the organization’s vault.

Sorry if I mixed things up on this one :sweat_smile:

As a user (that is part of an organization) - your Vault will show you all items that are shared with you, whether they are from your personal vault or from the organization vault.

Items from the organization will have an icon next to them (looks like a ‘share’ icon):

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 9.23.25 AM

Hope that helps!

Also, a few articles/videos about sharing in orgs:
https://bitwarden.com/help/article/getting-started-organizations/
https://bitwarden.com/help/article/organization-videos/

I figured out my issue! I needed to head to the Manage tab of my organization and set up the access control of all the users within. Upon doing so, the items appeared in my user vault with the share icon on each of them. Thanks for bearing with me!

I think it would be nice to place more emphasis that these settings are responsible for sharing items with the organization’s users.

Anyways, thank you!

It looks like I am unable to delete this topic, but I no longer wish to follow through with the initial feature request.

No worries! I’ll close the topic. Glad you were able to get it configured!