No 2-FA / slowness on new Bitwarden Chrome Extension after update

They fixed it! https://github.com/bitwarden/browser/releases/tag/v1.56.1

1 Like

I also faced the issue of greyed-out MFA… Thought I did something wrong for a specific one haha…

@lazylizardv2 I do see this release, but it’s not yet available through Chrome Extensions, right? I’m unable to update it.

Thank you,

loged out of chrome extension, now i cant login, the 2 factor authentication fails; same on android.

1 Like

I have tested 1.56.2 and it’s still too slow to load the UI.

I have reinstalled version 1.55.0 and all is good.

3 Likes

I downloaded the chrome version, unzipped the download, activated developer mode in extensions and loaded it as an unpacked extension.

is it already solved in the chrome web store (average user) or android app? thanks.

Same :frowning:
Super slooooow

Even after uninstall / reinstall

Brave / Bitarden 1.56.0

Happy to see, that i’m not alone with extension after last update to 1.56.0.
So sloooow, sometimes it didn’t open.

The new chrome extension is really MUCH slower. It is taking too much time to open, to search, to show any information. And I must use bitwarden several times each hour. It becomes a pain…

It is a problema also at the Android version. Allways been. But I do not use bitwarden on android very much. But in chrome it turned my work very harder and time-spending.

To add the the pile of performance issues, switching tabs with the extension enabled causes much bigger CPU spikes than with the extension disabled.

You can test it by switching a bunch of tabs in quick succession with Task Manager on and watching the CPU usage go up, whereas without the extension the spikes are just background noise.

Another with a very sloooww 1.56.0 here on Chrome 98.0.4758.82.

At first I couldn’t autofill anything (Ctrl+Shift+L not working), then clicking and took ages for the BW plugin to load. Restarted Chrome and a bit better but autofill still slower and more laggy than before, esp when cycling through multiple logins using the keyboard shortcut above.

This update fixed it for me. I see there is 1.56.2 too, but they haven’t pushed it yet to the Chrome store because when I force-update doesn’t update it. I am ok for now with 1.56.1.

1 Like

yep really slow and broke the extension recognition of biometrics using Windows Hello too. I gave up lastpass because BW worked easily with windows hello… no longer

1 Like

Hi,

Today I noticed that the browser extension (Chrome/Brave) is no longer requiring an authenticator code when logging in. It is still required if I log in to the web vault, or when logging in to the iOS app.

Is there possibly a setting in the browser extension that is disabling it?

Thanks,

I, as well, removed the extension on CHROME and then reloaded it. Works fine now.

v1.56.3 is pending review with even more fixes in the works - thanks to everyone for being patient while we get this new version pushed out!

3 Likes

just updated chome extension to 1.56.3 , still cant login to my account, fails to accept the 2 factor authentication; also updated android app, same problem.

also cant login to my account through bitwarden website, same 2 facto auth. problem.

Hi @J_B2 - the common element with your issues seems to be your 2FA isn’t working anywhere, so I don’t think it has anything to do with the update to the browser extension.

If you are using an authenticator app as your 2FA method for logging in to Bitwarden, I would double-check the time on the device. If it is out by even one minute, it can cause this issue. Otherwise, you will need to provide more details if you are seeking some help with this (e.g., device type, OS and version, 2FA method, etc.). Cheers!

P.S. I cleaned up the duplicates of this post that you added to a number of other threads on the forum. In the future, if you could please just post your message once, that would be appreciated - I am certain someone will answer it if they can help, and duplicating your message doesn’t help - it only just clutters the forum for everyone else.

1 Like