New to Bitwarden - is it possible to...?

Hi all,

I am assessing Bitwarden against a number of other products and services. From what I’ve read i think Bitwarden is the solution but I wouldn’t know how to go about it. If anyone has any ideas as to how i can achieve please let me know.

Use case:

1. I need to be able to create a password template so that I can ensure specific data is collected (i.e. All Web Accounts require a username, password, URL, Name, Address, etc, all Physical accounts require iDRAC, ILO, OS, Application, backup etc… ).

2. A single user should be able to share a password record with colleagues, friends and family all together. (i.e. their personal details like Emergency Contact, Postal Address, etc)

3. Shared passwords should have the option to be Read&Write (i.e. collaboration) and Read Only

4. The ability to see or report on what records are shared with that users.

Would this be an Enterprise User joined to multiple Organisations, one called Family, Work, Friends? Although saying that, I presume that means any password shared with Friends would share with all Friends rather than named individuals?

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:
Adam.

Hey! Welcome!

I’ve been using BW for about 4-5+ years. These guys have created a great product, but there doesn’t unfortunately seem to be much traction for other template types. You get the basic 4 and that’s it. :\

Maybe too much work to code and not enough demand? Anyway, I wish they would have more templates and allow the end users to make their own, but I know that’d be a lot of work.

Thanks @THEOCKID - we actually have item types in process now. It is more work than you’d expect, for sure! But our goal is to make it very flexible.

@CyberNoodle

1. I need to be able to create a password template so that I can ensure specific data is collected (i.e. All Web Accounts require a username, password, URL, Name, Address, etc, all Physical accounts require iDRAC, ILO, OS, Application, backup etc… ).
  • You can create an empty item with custom fields and use the ‘clone’ feature currently, but more types are coming soon.
  1. A single user should be able to share a password record with colleagues, friends and family all together. (i.e. their personal details like Emergency Contact, Postal Address, etc)
  • Absolutely possible, they can be a member of multiple organizations (one for family, one for work, etc. and can share data into collections in each.
  1. Shared passwords should have the option to be Read&Write (i.e. collaboration) and Read Only
  • Using the ‘read only’ permission on collections, you can achieve this.
  1. The ability to see or report on what records are shared with that users.
  • You can see members of each organization, each group, and each collection - along with their permission level.

Thanks for the reply! I’m sure it’s a HUGE amount of work! Thank you for putting in the work and don’t be afraid to raise the cost, I’ll be happy to pay as BW is the best out there, no question.

If I could make a small plug for a “Custom” note type, which to me would be like your custom fields (ab it it 6-10 of them) and then a note field, that’d be very cool. But I’m sure that whatever you have planned is going to be good! Can’t wait!

And again, don’t shy away from getting paid what you feel is right. So many whiners out there who throw down $1000 for a phone but then bitch and moan cause software isn’t free. Screw those fools.

1 Like